Our History

Our Lady's College is the traditional name of the school, having been in use since 1900. A second school - St Joseph's Primary School came into existence in Longreach in 1925. Our Lady's College continued as a secondary school and in 1935 become the first secondary school to be registered in Central Western Queensland.

Our Lady's College commenced functioning as a Year 1 – 10 school on the present site in January 1986. The Secondary Department closed at the end of 1994, so that today, Our Lady's is a P - 6 school only. The Preschool commenced in 1992.

The Feast of the Presentation of Our Lady has been celebrated as the school's Feast Day and is a reminder of the contribution made by the Presentation Sisters since 1900.

In 2002, Our Lady's College changed its name to Our Lady's Catholic Primary School.


Our Lady's College Classrooms 1950's

Singing Lessons


St Joseph's School - This was situated where Our Lady's School (primary school only since 1994) is now.

The 1955 building that was, until the 1980's, the convent and Our Lady's College